Illinois Family Law Attorneys Committed to Resolving Your Legal Matter
Dedicated firm in Crystal Lake also offers real estate and estate planning services
At Gehris & Associates, LLC, located in Crystal Lake and serving McHenry County, Kane County and Lake County, we have over 35 years of experience handling issues that affect you and those closest to you. Representing individuals in a wide-range of family law matters, including divorce and related matters such as parenting time and visitation and child support, our team is dedicated to reaching a positive outcome. We also assist individuals with drafting estate planning documents and their residential real estate concerns. Our team understands that legal services of any kind can quickly become costly, which is why we work with our clients at cost-effective rates.
Experienced attorneys who know the law and the courts
Clients who have retained our services know that we are:
- AV-rated attorneys — Attorney Michelle Gehris has earned an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for her high ethical standards and professional ability.
- Accomplished trial advocates — We are highly experienced advocates who can take your case to trial if necessary. We have litigated issues related to divorce, paternity, domestic violence, spousal maintenance, modifications and child support.
- Effective settlement negotiators — Our team is comprised of skilled negotiators who know how to present the issues, find commonality and work towards a solution that satisfies your needs.
Our attorneys are dedicated to representing your interests in order to meet your objectives and secure your future.
Professional Crystal Lake attorneys advocate for you
With 35 years of combined experience, we have the depth of knowledge to guide your case from its inception to conclusion and protect your rights. Our goal is to achieve a positive outcome for you in the following types of matters:
- Divorce: Choosing to dissolve your marriage can be stressful and overwhelming. There are many decisions you have to make, such as child custody and spousal support. During your divorce, you need an experienced attorney to advocate for the best interests of you and your family. Our lawyers are dedicated to helping you through the divorce process.
- Family law — We have significant experience handling all aspects of family law including divorce, parenting time and child support awards, modification orders, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, paternity establishment and spousal maintenance. We also defend our clients against potentially unjust domestic violence orders.
- Divorce mediation —For non-clients, firm founder Michelle Gehris serves as a mediator and is adept at guiding parties through the mediation process, facilitating discussion about key aspects of divorce and ultimately helping them reach an agreement.
- Real estate —We have substantial knowledge in the field of real estate and help buyers and sellers of residential property with contract drafting and review and the closing process. If you are considering the purchase or sale of a property, we are here to guide you through any matters and ensure that the contract is fair and reasonable.
- Estate Planning —Our firm understands how important it is to make comprehensive plans for the future, which is why we handle all aspects of estate planning in order to give you peace of mind.
We work to protect your interests whether your legal matter involves family law, real estate or estate planning. Our experience and dedication to resolving our clients’ legal issues distinguishes us and allows us both to deliver superior service and meet our clients’ needs.
Contact our Illinois law firm for an initial consultation
Gehris & Associates, LLC represents individuals involved in family law, real estate and estate planning matters in McHenry, Lake and Kane Counties. Our staff speaks both Spanish and English. Please call 815-893-0020 or contact us online to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.